Information We May Collect
We collect three main types of information related to you or your use of our products and services: (1) information from or about you or your devices; (2) information from or about your Artisan vehicle; and (3) information from or about your Artisan energy products. Depending on the Artisan products and services you request, own, or use, not all of these types of information may be applicable to you.
From or about you or your devices
We may collect information from or about you (such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail, payment information, etc.) or your devices in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services: We may collect information from or about you through our websites, software applications, social media pages, e-mail messages, or other digital services (the “Services”), e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase, or register your product with us.
- From other sources: We also may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, certified installers, third-party vehicle repair or service centers, and social media platforms.
- My Artisan: Customers who purchase certain Artisan products will receive a My Artisan account, which is hosted on our website. We may collect and process the following types of data for your My Artisan account that you elect to provide to us: your customer registration information; the status of your order; warranty and other documentation for your Artisan products; and general information about your Artisan products (including, for example, vehicle identification number or other product serial number, service plan information, or connectivity package), insurance forms, driver’s licenses, financing agreements, and similar information. You can access your My Artisan account to update the information from or about you in that account at any time.
- Offline: We may collect information from or about you offline, such as when you visit a Artisan store or repair facility, attend one of our events, sign up for a test drive, place an order over the phone, or contact our customer services or sales department.
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Services (such as the Artisan App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including e-mail recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- You can learn about Google’s practices in connection with this information collection and how to opt out of it by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
From or about your Artisan vehicle
We may collect a variety of information from or about your Artisan vehicle, including:
- Telematics log data: To improve our vehicles and services for you, we may collect certain telematics data regarding the performance, usage, operation, and condition of your Artisan vehicle, including the following: e.g., vehicle identification number; speed information; odometer readings; battery use management information; battery charging history; electrical system functions; software version information; infotainment system data; safety-related data and camera images (including, e.g., information regarding the vehicle’s SRS systems, braking and acceleration, security, e-brake, and accidents); short video clips of accidents; information regarding the use and operation of Autopilot, Summon, and other features; and other data to assist in identifying issues and analyzing the performance of the vehicle. We may collect such information either in person (such as during a service appointment) or via remote access.
- Remote analysis data: We may be able to dynamically connect to your Artisan vehicle to diagnose and resolve issues with it, and this process may result in access to personal settings in the vehicle (such as contacts, browsing history, navigation history, and radio listening history). This dynamic connection also enables us to view the current location of your vehicle, but such access is restricted to a limited number of personnel within Artisan.
- Other vehicle data: In order to help improve our products and services, we may collect and store other vehicle data, such as: data about accidents involving your Artisan vehicle (e.g., air bag deployment and other recent sensor data); data about remote services (e.g., remote lock/unlock, start/stop charge, and honk-the-horn commands); a data report to confirm that your vehicle is online together with information about the current software version and certain telematics data; vehicle connectivity information; data about any issues that could materially impair operation of your vehicle; data about any safety-critical issues; and data about each software and firmware update. We may collect such information either in person (e.g., during a service appointment) or via remote access.
- Service history: In order to facilitate the servicing of your car, we may collect and process data about the service history of each Artisan vehicle, including, e.g., the customer’s name, vehicle identification number, repair history, any outstanding recalls, any bills due, any customer complaints, and any other information related to its service history.
- Charging station information: We may collect information regarding the charge rate and charging stations used by you (including outlets) in order to, e.g., analyze which charging stations are being utilized, how long and efficient battery charges are, and where additional charging stations are needed.
- Advanced features:
- We may provide you with features in your Artisan vehicle, such as the real-time traffic feature, Autopilot, Summon, or other features which make use of the road segment data of your vehicle, and we may share this data with partners that contribute similar data to help us provide the service. We also may collect similar data in connection with other features and may share it with business partners where necessary to provide the feature to you, but we will only collect and share the data in a way that does not personally identify you. We also only collect and share this data if these features are enabled in your vehicle, though your vehicle may send this data to Artisan and its partners even if you are not actively using a feature that needs this information. You can enable or disable the collection and sharing of this data at any time via the “DATA SHARING” setting in Controls > Settings > Safety & Security.
- To further help develop and improve autonomous safety features, we may collect short video clips using the car’s external cameras to learn how to recognize things like lane lines, street signs, and traffic light positions. These short video clips are not linked to your vehicle identification number and we have ensured that there is no way to search our system for clips that are associated with a specific car. You can enable or disable the collection of these clips any time via the “DATA SHARING” setting in Controls > Settings > Safety & Security.
If you no longer wish us to collect Telematics Log Data or any other data from your Artisan vehicle, please contact us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Please note that, if you opt out from the collection of Telematics Log Data or any other data from your Artisan vehicle (with the exception of the Data Sharing setting detailed above), we will not be able to notify you of issues applicable to your vehicle in real time, and this may result in your vehicle suffering from reduced functionality, serious damage, or inoperability, and it may also disable many features of your vehicle including periodic software and firmware updates, remote services, and interactivity with mobile applications and in-car features such as location search, Internet radio, voice commands, and web browser functionality.
From or about your Artisan energy products
We may collect a variety of information from or about your Artisan energy products from you, via a certified installer or from the installed products (directly or via paired equipment, such as an inverter), including:
- We may collect information about your product, such as your installation date, number of products installed, and serial number(s).
- In order to provide and improve our energy products and services, we may collect data regarding where your product is installed and how it is configured, data related to the product’s use and performance, data regarding your aggregate home energy consumption, and other data relevant to diagnose issues.
If you no longer wish us to collect performance data or any other data from your Artisan energy product, please contact us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Please note that if you opt out from the collection of performance data from your Artisan energy product, we will not be able to notify you of issues applicable to your energy product in real time, and this may result in your energy product suffering from reduced functionality, serious damage, or inoperability, and it may also disable many features of your energy product including periodic software and firmware updates.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use information we collect to communicate with you, to provide and improve our products and services, and for other purposes. Examples of how we use information for these purposes are provided below.
To communicate with you
We may use information we collect to communicate with you, such as:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or product information, information alerts, or brochures.
- To set up, evaluate, and provide feedback regarding your Artisan test drive.
- To advise you of important safety-related information or to notify first responders in the event of an accident involving your vehicle.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To present products and offers tailored to you and to enhance our lists with information from other sources.
- To allow you to participate in contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities.
- To facilitate social sharing and communications functionality.
Your communication choices:
- Receiving electronic communications from us or our affiliates: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mails from us or our affiliates, you may opt out of receiving them by following the opt-out instructions in any e-mail received from us or by contacting us at the address below. Please note that we may still send you important administrative and safety messages even if you opt out of receiving marketing e-mails.
- Receiving marketing-related calls from us: If you receive a marketing-related call from us and do not want to receive similar calls in the future, simply ask to be placed on our “do not call” list. Please note that we may still call you regarding administrative, safety, or product service issues even if you opt out of receiving marketing calls.
To provide and improve our products and services
We may use information we collect to provide and improve our products and services, such as:
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, e.g., to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase, and provide you with related customer service.
- To provide service to your Artisan product, such as to contact you with service recommendations and to deliver over-the-air updates to your product.
- To monitor your Artisan product’s performance and provide services related to your product.
- To develop and promote new products and services, and to improve or modify our existing products and services.
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our products and services.
- To deliver any other services you have requested.
For other purposes
We also may use information we collect for other purposes, such as:
- For our business purposes, such as: data analysis; audits; fraud monitoring and prevention; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and operating and expanding our business activities.
- Except as described above and below, Artisan may use or share information that does not personally identify you for any purpose, such as for operational or research purposes, for industry analysis, to improve or modify our products and services, to better tailor our products and services to your needs, and where legally required.
How We May Share Information We Collect
We may share information we collect with our service providers and business partners, with other third parties you authorize, with other third parties when required by law, and in other circumstances. Examples of how we share information with these parties and under these circumstances are provided below.
With our service providers and business partners
We may share information with our service providers and business partners when necessary to perform services on our or on your behalf, such as in the following circumstances:
- With our third party service providers and channel partners to provide services such as website hosting, data analysis and storage, payment processing, order fulfillment and product installation, wireless connectivity to Artisan products, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, product maintenance or related services, e-mail delivery, credit card processing, auditing, marketing, voice command processing, and other similar services.
- With other third party business partners to the extent that they are involved in your purchase or the service of your Artisan products. We share limited information from or about you to allow you to take advantage of those services if you elect to utilize them, with such partners as finance, leasing, registration, and title companies.
With other third parties you authorize
We may share information with other third parties you authorize, such as in the following circumstances:
- With our certified installers to facilitate the provision of energy products to you that you have requested.
- With third party service centers or providers, if you choose to utilize them. Note that some information about you is stored on certain Artisan products and may be accessible directly to the third party service centers or providers that you choose to utilize to diagnose or service your Artisan product.
- With third-party sponsors of contests and similar promotions, if you elect to participate.
With other third parties when required by law
Artisan may transfer and disclose information, including information that may or may not personally identify you, to third parties to comply with a legal obligation (including, but not limited to, subpoenas); when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; in response to a lawful request by governmental authorities conducting an investigation, including to comply with law enforcement requirements; to verify or enforce our policies and procedures; to respond to an emergency; to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable; or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of the Services, Artisan, third parties, visitors to our Services, or the public, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
In other circumstances
We may share information in other circumstances, such as:
- With your employer or other fleet operator or the owner of the Artisan product, if you do not directly own it and as authorized under applicable law.
- With a third party in connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We do not share information that personally identifies you with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes unless you opt in to that sharing.
If you wish to opt out of any processing of information for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent, you may do so by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Cross Border Transfers
If you are located in the EEA or Switzerland, we comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information to countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland. Artisan has certified its adherence to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the Department of Commerce and the European Commission with respect to the processing of certain personal information transferred from the EEA to Artisan and its wholly-owned U.S. subsidiaries.
Rights and Choices
As detailed in the sections above, we give you many choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of information from or about you or your use of our products or the Services. Subject to applicable law, in certain jurisdictions you may also have the rights to request access to and receive information about certain information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in that information, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law. We give you several methods to access, correct, update, or request blocking or deletion of information from or about you including:
- You can access your My Artisan account to update the information from or about you in that account at any time.
- If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete information from or about you that has been previously provided to us by you, you may contact us at the address below.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have the information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of the information that you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the particular e-mail address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
We will comply with your request(s) to exercise these rights and choices as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping or legal compliance purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
If you sell or transfer your Artisan product to another person, please notify us so that we can determine whether additional steps are required to help safeguard information from or about you from disclosure to the purchaser or transferee of the Artisan product.
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that these individuals not provide any information to Artisan.
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, or wireless service provider, including any information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our software applications or social media pages.
Updates to this Policy
How to Contact Us
To contact us with a question or comment or to opt out from certain services, please contact us here at artisanvs.com/contact.
Please note that e-mail communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your e-mails to us.
If you are located in the EEA or Switzerland, your local Artisan affiliate may be the entity responsible for processing your personal information.
Last Updated August 2017
Copyright 2002-2017 Artisan, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files and their arrangement on Artisan, Inc. internet sites are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted. Some Artisan, Inc. internet sites also contain material that is subject to the copyright rights of their providers.
All prices specified are recommended retail prices. Prices are current at the time of publication and subject to change without notice.
Unless otherwise indicated, all marks displayed on Artisan, Inc. internet sites are subject to the trademark rights of Artisan, Inc., including, but not limited to, model name plates and corporate logos and emblems.
Artisan, Inc. strives to achieve innovative and informative internet sites. Artisan, Inc. hopes that you will be as enthusiastic as we are about this creative effort. However, Artisan, Inc. must protect its intellectual property, including its patents, trademarks and copyrights. Accordingly, please be on notice that neither these internet sites, nor any material contained therein shall in any way grant or be taken to grant any person a license to Artisan, Inc.’s intellectual property.
Cautions Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Internet pages, investor relations releases, outlooks, presentations, audio and video files of events (live or recorded) and other documents on these internet sites contain among other things forward-looking statements that reflect management’s current views with respect to future events. The words “anticipate”, “assume”, “believe”, “estimate”, “expect”, “intend”, “may”, “plan”, “project” and “should” and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements. Such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to: changes in currency exchange rates, interest rates and in raw material prices; introduction of competing products; increased sales incentives; and decline in resale prices of used vehicles.
No Warranties Or Representations
THE INFORMATION ON THESE INTERNET SITES IS PROVIDED BY Artisan, INC. “AS IS” AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON INFRINGEMENT. WHILE THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IS BELIEVED TO BE ACCURATE, IT MAY INCLUDE ERRORS OR INACCURACIES.
THESE INTERNET SITES MAY CONTAIN LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES WHICH ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OF Artisan, INC. THEREFORE WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF ANY LINKED SITE. Artisan, INC. IS PROVIDING THESE LINKS TO YOU ONLY AS A CONVENIENCE, AND THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT BY Artisan, INC. OF THE LINKED SITE.